Search Terra's Head

Sunday, May 2, 2010

GQ Guy Encounter 1: Caleb

Caleb
On April 24th, I went to the book store to pick up a book for mom. After I nabbed it and called her to tell her I found it, I poked around the Fiction & Literature section. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, just something to catch my eye.

I knelt down to eye the bottom row and spotted "Shakespeare's Sonnets", I was flipping through a few poems, and I landed on Sonnet #4. A shadow moved over the book making it hard to see the words. I was about to move over when I guys voice from behind me spoke for literately right beside my ear. He said:
"Unthrifty loveliness, why dost thou spend
Upon thyself thy beauty's legacy?"

I gasped and fell of balance (I was resting my rump on my heels) and landed on my butt. I looked up at the guy with a scowl, but trust me, it didn't last long. Standing in front of me was the hottest guy I think I've ever seen in my life. I'm pretty sure I was gaping at him at this point. He had wavy sandy blond hair and was just slightly darker than me, I think, but what caught me was his eyes. I have never met anyone with dark green eyes before, but this eye had them, and holy crow more men should. Here was this freakin' Apollo standin' in front of me and all I could do was stare at him looking like a damn fish out of water.

He chuckled at me and offered his hand and began the poem again:
"Nature's bequest gives nothing but doth lend..." at this point I think I must have given him my hand, because suddenly I was up and close to him, "...And being frank, she lends to those are free."

I blinked a few times and he chuckled again, "I'm sorry I scared you. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I shuttered out like an idiot.

He smiled (his teeth were freakin' perfect and white) and let go of my hand (which I forgot he was still holding) then retrieved the book from the ground. "I'm actually not really a fan of Shakespeare," he said as he placed the book back in my hands. I mumbled a thank you and realized how hot my cheeks felt... which made them get redder. (Mind you when I blush it spreads like wildfire, so surely I looked like a damned tomato). He smiled and said, "William Blake is more my thing."

I snapped out of my daze and manged to respond intelligently, "He is my favorite."

"Really? Which one?"

"The Tiger," I smiled slightly, thinking 'this guy is hot and like poetry!?! God I hope he is not gay.'

He smiled back at me, "Tiger, tiger, burning bright ; In the forests of the night, What immortal hand or eye could frame thy fearful symmetry?" At this point I think I was back to gaping, cause he chuckled and said, "that's my favorite too." He stuck out his hand again, "I'm Caleb."

I shook his hand, "Terra."

"So, you come here often?" he smiles.

We talked for a while about books, and then my little brother called. He wanted to know when I'd be home.

After I hung up, Caleb said, "have to leave?"

"Yeah," I glanced outside and noticed it was dark.

Caleb did to, "Yeah, it is getting late." He smiles at me and walks me to the front cashier. After I check out, he walks me to my car, "Well, it was nice to meet you."

I smile back, "Yeah, you too."

He then proceeds to help me in the car (that's right girls! He freakin' helped me in the car!!!!) and then says, "I'll see you around. Good Night."

I manage to mumble a night back to him... I think. ...Then he shuts the door and walks over to a hot looking black motorcycle (IDK what kind all I know is that those kind are called crotch rockets.)

After I shamelessly watch him get on the thing (GOOD GOD he had a nice butt) I somehow managed to start my car and drive home with out wrecking.

I get home then I realize what an idiot I am... I didn't even give him my number or anything. >.< ARG!

Go figure.
Oh well, hopefully I'll see him there again. -crosses fingers-

No comments:

Post a Comment